Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bit stream through FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkumar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I have to test a transmitter chain by passing some modulated bit stream in to the chip.I have generated the bit stream and have saved in a file.

How can i pass this bit stream form FPGA to to my chip that has input port for passing the input bit stream??

I mean how can i import this file in to FPGA or any other method of passing the bit stream.

Please help me...this is help me finishing my project or else it will take looong.

Thanks in advance....

You didn't mention the bit length or intended bit rate. But basically, you can program the bit stream data to FPGA on-chip memory (it works as a ROM then) and send it using a clock and a shift register respectively dedicated serializer hardware for highspeed signals.

On-chip memory content can be imported e. g. as a hex-file during compilation, it can be also loaded to the FPGA at run time, if you design a suitable interface. Some manufacturers have special tools to interface memory at runtime, e. g. Altera Quartus.

Status
Not open for further replies.