Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with CLA Adders in VHDL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cretafarm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cla vhdl

hello everyone,

I took the Digital Electronics course this semester, and my teacher gave me the project in VHDL :

8-bit CLA adder
8-bit CLA adder with 2 x 4-bit CLA adders
16-bit CLA adder
16-bit CLA adder rith 2 x 8-bit CLA adders

Since Im new to this area, IM TOTALLY CONFUSED ABOUT GENERATE - PROPAGATE etc..... However, i managed to write the vhdl code for the 8-bit CLA adder and the 16-bit CLA adder. My problem is with the other two circuits "8-bit CLA adder with 2 x 4-bit CLA adders" and "16-bit CLA adder rith 2 x 8-bit CLA adders".

PLEASE if anyone can help me by sending the vhdl codes for these circuits, it would help me a LOT......

thank you all
cretafarm

for 2 x 4-bit CLA adder you need to write the code of 4-bit CLA and call them as component.

The same can be done with 2 x 8-bit CLA adder.
You need to see only syntax for this purpose.

You just have to implement the main CLA block whit the Propagate-Generate units and then use this as component to build more complicated cla adders

cretafarm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back