Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differential signals O/Ps not starting from correct -HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mh123sh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing transcient analysis for a differential signal using HPSICE.
Topology is Tx--> Txline--> Rx.
The P and N signals to be started at 0v and 1.2v, but it is observed that the both P and N signals are starting at 800mV.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Re: differential signals O/Ps not starting from correct -HS

Hi, could you please say clearly where are the P and N signals?

Is your circuit supposed to define that initial condition. I mean is it supposed to be so only by theory.. or practical designs also have this.

If not then modify the design to define the initial conditions.

Also, I think if your transient sims are showing you correct results(after initial point) then there is not much to bother

mh123sh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

P and N means positive and negative signals

Added after 11 minutes:

Thank you ashish,
I got the spice file from other team and got waveform snapshot along with the sp file. In the received waveform the + and - signals starting properly. when i simulated i am seeing damping waveforms in the initial time (but not starting at correct levels) and after that wave form is almost matching with the received waveform. Plz let me know your suggestion.

If you are using the same file as given by the "other group"... Then its a clear point that ur testbench differs from their's.

It is possible that they might be using an initial condition definition( .ic statement in hspice)

you try using the same ( .ic condition)

Status
Not open for further replies.