Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to relate the speed of generator to the generator output

Status
Not open for further replies.

maro_mike

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
generator output

Please can any one help how i can relate the speed of generator to the gerator output.

generator output

What do you mean, a synchronous generator? I will have basically speed-proportional voltage.

Re: generator output

I mean, how to relate generator winding and rotor speed to the valtage produced.

So i guessed right. Furthermore it's proportional to stator winding count and depend on field current. For low field currents, the generator voltage is also proportional to field current, up to rotor saturation.

Thank for your response, is there any theoretical relationship, a formular i can use were i can have speed, to determine the output

There are some detailed formulas in electrical machines textbooks, but I don't have them at hand.

I just remember \[rpm = (f_{AC} / count_{statorpolepairs}) ~~ \cdot ~~ 60 = (f_{AC} / count_{statorpoles}) ~~ \cdot ~~120 \].

Don't know how the number of turns in the windings goes in there. Only know the more turns of wire the smaller the KV-number, i.e. the slower the motor will turn, i.e. the more voltage will be required to reach the same motor (angular/rotating) velocity.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.