Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UDP packet losses after adding modules to the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilan2005

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,
i am working with a system which read data from a cmos camera and send the data as udp packets.following are the hardware specs .

ov7620 camera module
spartan 3 fpga
lan83c185

for first try i coded following modules and try out to send ethernet packet .

1.Udp packet maker (Mbps_tx)
2.crc32 generator (CRC)

i configure the system with above two modules to transmit sudo packets as fast as possible. the data segment of the packet contains a bytes of which are incremented after each packet send.

this system works which consumes 89% (use task manager) present of the whole capacity of 100MBps with out a single packet drop.(i go through incrementing values in each packets ,captured by ethereal )

then i add following two modules to the system.

3.ov7620 camera input processor
4.dual port ram

i modified the Mbps_tx code to read ram.and transmit each horizontal line of a camera per data line.

when run this system . i found out that the there is a packet drop of 5%-10% per image.

i am dead sure this packet dropping is not due to noise on the Ethernet cable.because it works very well when i use only module 1 and 2.

it occur only when i add 3 and 4 modules. i can see the line drops periodically after
12-15 lines.

i am not find the a solution to this packet dropping.i go through entire verilog code and came to there is no mistakes on the code.

i have attached my codes which synthesized on xilinx ise 8.1 here with.please check and see is there any mistakes.

or a ways over come this problem!

what are the reason above kind of failure!

Thanks a lot!

Regards
dilan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back