Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with LG TV 32LC56 as it turns itself off

Status
Not open for further replies.

peddaz7

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have any lg 32lc56 tv and it keeps turning itself off and then wont turn back on again.

i have contacted lg customer sevices but to be honest there useless.... they informed me they would pick the tv up 3 months ago and i have contacted them on several occasions and was told the same thing.

basically the power cord is fine, the on and off swith is fine and i have changed the fuse to see id thats the problem. the on/off light in the right hand corner flashes a few times wen i attempt to switch the tv back on but nothing happens.

please help

problems with lg tvs

I had this same problem with a Toshiba dvd combo. I took it to a local repair man due to the fact that I didn't buy a service plan at the store. They told me that it couldn't be fixed. It was a mainframe problem. They even offered to throw it away for me. I went and got the TV back and plugged it in, and it seemed to work fine. Every now and then, it turns itself off. I reach up and slap it a few times, and it seems to be fine. I will turn it on, and it stays on instead of immediately turning itself back off. I hate to be the guy that recommends slapping around a TV, but, I went and paid to have it diagnosed and they just took my money and told me it couldn't be fixed. So if you get told the same thing, slap it around a little bit and give it a shot. It sucks to have a TV that you have to beat on to make work, but it sucks more to have a TV that is less than a year old, wont work, and nobody will fix it. Good luck.

how to reset lg tv

I have the same problem on my 50" LG LCD TV. I purchase dit in April 2008 and only after about 4 weeks, the TV turned itself off a few times. Each time I was able to turn it back on, howevr got progressivly worse and then did not turn back on. After the 2nd time this happened, I called LG Service. The only thing the rep could tell me is to unplug the TV and then plug it back in. "this would reset the tv" Giving them the benif of my doubt, I did this but as suspected, it failed again and then finally one day it just did not turn back on.
I contacted LG service again. The Sevice Rep told me that they call me back when they could organise service for the TV. This took about a week. Then another week before the technician could come out. On the day he was scheduled to come out, he did not show up when promised so I called him. He said" Oh, you described the problem so well to me that LG will be sending a replacement board as they are aware of this common problem. I asked him if he was thought of calling me about this or was he just going to let me hang around al afternoon. I was next in line to get a call he told me. Anyway, we needed to set up another appointment, however he did not know when he would get the part. after 1-1/2 weeks I called him on a Weds. He said, Oh good news, we just got the board. OK, when can you come out to fix my TV as it has been over 4 weeks since it has been down. So we set it up for that Friday afternoon around 2:00. That Friday he did not show again. At about 3:30 I called him to inquire his status. Oh, my car has a radiator leak. It is old, has a lot of miles on it, today is a holiday ( 4th of July ) and I don't know if I can get parts, blah, blah, blah.
Then he proceeds to tell me how cheap LG is and that they don't pay alot for service, blah, blah blah again. At this point I am very angry because it is obvious this guy has an agenda that does not include comming out to repair my TV. I told him that I will be calling LG if he is not out here this afternoon. He asked to give him until Monday and told him no way. Find a way. You have a business and a responsibility.
I called LG and after explaining the situation the rep puts me on hold and calls the contracter to see what is up. He gets back on the line and says that his car is broke down but he hopes to have it fixed soon. While we are talking another call comes in. It's the freindly TV repair guy. Meanwhile, the LG rep assures me that he will follow up with me on Monday to make certain that everything has ben taken care of.
I call the TV repair guy back. Oh, ny car is fixed and I can now come out. Great get yourself in gear and I will see you when you get here.
He arrives 1-1/2 hours later. He checks the TV and finds that, yes, it is doing exactly what yuo say it is doing. We removes the TV off the wall. he disassembles the back cover and then pulls the replacement board from the box. I noticed immediatly that it was not the right board. So, back to the drawing board. He was here for over 2 hours for a job that should have taken 45 minutes. ( he talks and talks about how bad LG pays again, blah blah blah. OK when can we have replacement 2. He will call them on Monday then get back to me. That never happened so I called him on Thursday. He tells me that LG has the board and has shipped it to him. OK, when will you get it? I don't know. Did you get a tracking number? Well, they don't know the tracking number because of blah blah blah again.
OK, it is Saturday July 12th approx 5 weeks after I called LG. I am very certain that I will be lucky to have the TV repair guy here by next Friday.
Sorry for the long drawn out explanation. If your TV is under warranty call LG or better yett, the store you bought it from. The problem I am certain is the defective board that LG is well aware of. They claim the repalcement board is a modified version that will not fail as the original has.
The TV guy was right about LG. They are cheap because they contract some of the worst technicians around. They are the only ones that will do the service for the money they are paid. I would have been far better off if LG just sent me the board. It does not take a technician to replace a circuit board. For many people yes. I understand, but most monkeys could do this one.
By the way, the LG guy who said he would follow up on Monday; that never happened.
Good luck

Re: lg tv problems

remove all the tack switches.and then try to observe,if its good replace a new tack switches.other options replace the memory ic(eeprom)

Re: lg tv problems

Hi,the memory ic is programed according to model number of the tv, if you are to replace it you have to program it with the same program in it.

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

at lebev, i think you have to cheak for open circute.

So i had the same problem of when i turn my LG TV on it begins but then turns itself back off. Very frustrating. I tried unplugging and re-plugging -> nothing. Now i have a skybox, an xbox and a wii plugged into my tv into various HDMIs so i decided to unplug these and then unplug my TV from the wall. Then i switched my tv back on and kapow it turned on and STAYED on. Good times. WELL when i plugged my skybox in still fine. When i turn my skybox power ON, problem. TV turned back off again and wouldn't turn on. So i repeated the procedure but this time reset my skybox by unplugging everything from it as well as the TV. Then plugged skybox back in but keepinf power off, pluygged back into TV (also power off) then turned TV on then turn skybox on ==> SOLUTION. Everythings working fine again now.

I recommend unplugging EVERYTHING then reconnecting with various orders of switching on at the plugs AND powering on.

Hope this helps

29 lg repdietly goes in stanby mode
Iam service engineer could any know the right answer

I purchased a LG 50 inch TV exactly 14 months ago and 2 days ago it started the well known problem with LG TVs, clicking on and off repeatedly without switching on, like evry one else i contacted LG and as expected they didnt want to know-- warranty expired etc, but i did some reading and found that the law is actually vague in that it says the product should last a reasonable time and that is open to interpretation, so dont take no for an answer from the company because a reasonable time may be 10 years for a product like a TV. I am taking them to court for a full refund, in the mean time I got quotes for the repair job all ranging in price from £50 to £250 from currys, so i googled the repair job and found that apart from the capacitors burning a resistor is also a problem, I got a multi tester and tested the circuit board and found one resistor not working on the power board it was a 5W 22ohm, so I searched for one online an got it from maplin for 60pence and soldered it on the board, now the TV works perfect. I found out that you can up on the watts but as long as the ohms are the same on the resister it will work fine. Another thing i found from maplin was that when i tested the resistor at the shop it red 85ohms but was labled 22ohms, and had to test a few to get one that actually tested 22ohm on the tester, so when buying these itemsalways test them before leaving the shop because they may be mislabled. Total cost to me was £20 for the tester solder and resistor. Just remeber if you not experianced unplug the tv then turn it on to discharge the capacitors, remove all cables then remove the power board and test the componants. New.jpgBurnt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back