Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with updating Xilinx to ver. 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx update

I used to run Xilinx 3.3i. After installing it, it installs Synopsys FPGA Express, and everything works fine. Now I try to install Xilinx 5.2 and after all is installed, there is no synthesis or place and route tool that can handle VHDL. What am I doing wrong?

ASIC

hi
Don`t you have VHDL XST synthesis tool in project properties window?
besides you can install leonardo spectrum 2001. and use in in ISE.

Re: Xilinx Update

Try Start/Programs/Xilinx ISE 5/Project Navigator.

There you will be able to create new project and synthesyse using XST.

Synopsys is not developing FPGA Express anymore, so it is nomore supported. Try Xilinx's own free synthesys tool (XST) or better tools like Synplify/ leonardo spectrum which you have to buy saperately.

OK I see. I don't see the XST synthesis tool in the project window. I guess it should be there. I'll try to install again on a fresh installation of Windows.

ASIC

Re: Xilinx Update

Hi ASIC,

Just in case you didn't know. X!linx ISE Alliance does not include XST, Foundation does and is slightly more expensive.

Check this out:

**broken link removed**

and

**broken link removed**

If you have Foundation you'll find XST available as soon as you add VHDL (o verilog) files to your project in project navigator.

Regards,

-Maestor

try to get Edit>Preferences>partner tools
browse the synopsys executable. Then go to device_name>properties and select the synthesis tool you want. I think should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back