Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About PWM generating for AC Motor Drive using ATMEGA32

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutlu_sgul

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmega32 pwm

I have discussed about 3 phase IGBT pack before. I connected this pack to the AT89S52 throught optocoupler and then I drive 6 of them and saw the motor rotates. It's good for me. I want to use ATMEGA32 programmed by CodeVision to drive the IGBT module using PWM signals. Does any one help me about how to use pwm in such way? Thanks. I am so much beginner about PWM. Please send me a simpe pwm c codes for codevision.

pwm ac motor

PLZ try working Space Vector PWM which is more appropiate in such scnerio and has been developed to work for Microcontrollers and relitively simpler coding.

Can u PLZ post the IGBT Package number and the optocouplers u are using with it.

pwm codevision

Hi, I don't know very much about IGBTs, but the simple config. of PWM generation using AVR (ATmegaxxxx) is as under.

void pwm_init(void)
{
TCCR1A=0x23;//PWM config.
TCCR1B=0x01;//10-bit PWM (0-1024)(bin. valu)---->(0%-100%)(duty cycle)
TCNT1H=0x00;//PWM freq. setting
TCNT1L=0x00;
OCR1AH=0x03;//duty cycle setting for channel A(0x0000---->0% 0x3fff----->100%)
OCR1AL=0xFF;//
OCR1BH=0x00;//duty cycle setting for channel A(0x0000---->0% 0x3fff----->100%)
OCR1BL=0x00;//
}

:!::!: In AVR Timer 1 have 8-bit PWM,Timer 0 have multiple PWM configurations (from 8-bit to 10-bit),includeing phase correct,freq. correct method,etc.

ac pwm motor

I use FUji 6 IGBT pack have max collector current 15 A. Please help me about pwm generating with simple codes...

atmega32 servo pwm

Hello Mutlu,

A similar code for servo motors is below.

**broken link removed**

Hope it helps.

By the way, which optocoupler did you use for isolation?

Best regards
Hakan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back