Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to select FPGA chip for baseband modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryFox

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to do a project about baseband modem based on FPGA, but I don't know how to select an appropriate chip for it , can any body help?
and the modultation rate is 50Mbps.
Thank u advance!

Cmon folks, this stuff is not rocket science so forgive me if I sound a bit sarcastic:

First step: Determine the design specs or requirements

Second step: Generate a block diagram of system based on first step

Third step: Choose device based on second step

Fourth step: If you find during the design process that the device you choose is too small then move up to a larger part.

If any of the above is too hard to understand you probably should not be doing hardware design.

fryFox

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Maybe some Virtex... You'll surely know when you describe your design in HDL and finish implementation on specified device - it`ll either fit and meet timing, or not.

Thanks for your suggestion, I am new to the field and i just received the task. but i don't know how to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.