Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building inverter using ETD 59 ferrite cores!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz9915

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
etd59

Hi,
I have some pieces of ETD 59 ferrite cores and I want to use them to build an inverter. Following are the details"
Input voltage : 13.2 to 10V DC (Center tapped)
Input current : 40 Amperes
Output voltage (1) : 240v Ac
Output voltage (2) : 15v Ac
Output current : 3 Amperes

operating frequency can be 20 to 30 KHz.

please provide turns ratio and other details for making an inverter. Or other ETD ferrite core can be proposed if applicable. I;ll use SG3525 IC for building the inverter.

etd 59

If ETD core material is 3C8 or 3C90 or 3F3 etc then it can easily be used at 30KHz. SG3525 PWM IC is good for SMPS, also you can used LM3524, TL494 etc.
As far as the output voltage is concerned, I am confused, because from your specs, it means 240V AC 30KHz (and you do not mean 240V AC 50Hz or 60Hz) then it will be a straight SMPS, otherwise strategy would be quite different.

etd59 circuit

Thanks for replying. The ETD core material can either be 3C8, 3C90 or 3F3.
As far as the output voltage is concerned, it means 240V AC 30KHz which will be rectified to DC 240V for making 50Hz output. So, please guide me for the turns ratio & wire guage.

ferrite 3c8

It means that you want to build a DC DC converter having an output of 240VDC and then with a MOSFET bridge, you will produce 220VAC. Right?
(I build such circuit in 1993. Waooo, you pulled me to my past. Great Memories)
Second thing you can calculate turns and other thing with the famous tx equation (below).

You can also consult the book SMPS by Marty Brown it is written in more practical mode.

building an inverter

Thanks a lot. But I am unable to find any link or Equation in respect of famous tx equation. So, please help me for building the ferrite transformer.

www.ferrite etd59 transformer

Using ferrite Transformer for this kind of operation is very difficult & the control circuit

may also be very difficult to design (because it is not available on net I tried so hard)

so it is good to use iron core transformer for Inverters it is easy to handle & Use.

You can also fined good Circuits to build. :D

Re: www.ferrite etd59 transformer http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?77-SMP

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back