Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS:Finite-Ground-Coplanar

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEI

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss finite ground plane

I have to simulate a Finite-Ground-Coplanar structure in HFSS.
Can you help me to define a port ?

The ground lines are very narrow in my model , so the port outline can't intersect side grounds. This is contrary to the tutrial.

How should I define a port? Please help me.

Without knowing the details of your problem it is hard to give specific recommendations.

On-line help under "impedance calculations" has useful suggestions. CPW lines are mode rich to that can add confusion. About the port size, why not just make the port bigger?

I prefer to use modal solutions and examine the port fields (display port fields) to see if the excitation is as I anticipated.

Because your ground size is small, you can use the lump port to be setten on a
plane.
Remembering to set the others 2D plane to Perfact E.

When the ground width of a CPW is very narrow, the wave port should be modified for the ground plane to touch the edge of the wave port. So, first you draw small 2D rectangles that touch both the ground plane and wave port, and then you need to substrate these rectangles from the original wave ports. Please see the attached file. The figure shows what I want to tell you.

Hello All!
Help me please! How to set port for air coplanar lines without groud? Whether it is necessary to set a layer of air as a dielectric substrate?

Thank you for your helpful replies,in particular kimx0945 and d04500 !
I have understood the meaning of 'fingers'.

Hi, I have some HFSS files for CPW, enjoy it.

Added after 3 minutes:

HFSS files

you can use waveport just like it is used in microstrip like structure simulation

malkomx
Oh, man, thnx for yours files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back