Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to program 89SXX through USB ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushikesh.deshmukh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89sxx

hey people!!!
now a days PCs/laptops doesnt ve parallel/serial port,so it will be great if we have a ISP progammer with USB interface for PC.
i've tried ISP programmer with USB to parallel cable,but it doesnt work.
CAN ANYBODY KNOW THE SOLUTION ? ? ?

www.89sxx

Hello,

the problem is, that most (all?) USB-to-LPT adapters don't emulate legacy LPT port, only support printer device. Ponyprog serial ISP adapter can be expected to work with common USB-to-RS232 adapters, but probably rather slow. For optimal performance, FTDI FT2232 could be turned into an ISP programmer using the bit-bang protocol. This would require writing a programming driver, either standalone or as Ponyprog extension.

FTDI has example code for SPI or JTAG interface, it's rather easy to my opinion.

Regards,
Frank

www.89sxx.com

rushikesh.deshmukh said:
hey people!!!
now a days PCs/laptops doesnt ve parallel/serial port,so it will be great if we have a ISP progammer with USB interface for PC.
i've tried ISP programmer with USB to parallel cable,but it doesnt work.
CAN ANYBODY KNOW THE SOLUTION ? ? ?

I think, https://www.sunrom.com has a solution for it and they sell boards also for the same. They even sell bare PCBs and firmware programmed controller chip for that board.

Sarma

www.89.sxx.com

Yes, I do the same.

Use usb to serial convertor

Nandhu

thanx Nandhu 4 ur reply.
could u please give me complete details along with the software of wat u r using.
is it working sucessfully everytime?

please do reply

cya
rushi

Status
Not open for further replies.