Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

corner cells ,scribe seal , filler cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayshivakumar

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scribe seal

What is the purpose of using corner cells and scribe seal in a full chip ?
On a unrelated note - why do we need standard cell fillers ? why do the doping wells need to be continuous ?

seal ring scribe

To fill the gaps between the std cells and to maintain the Nwell continuity we need to place the filler cells this is the reason behind tht
If u do not place any filler cells then there will then there is a chance to get the drc violations
If u place the filler cells before routing thn it provides decap cells but if u place after routing then the tool checks for the drc violation.........

Hope it is clear
Bye

cells of seal

Filler cells are used to keep the continuity of NWell, Vdd & Vss rail & as well as to avoid the DRC violations.

What is meant by corner & scribe seal?. I never heard of those cells.

filler cells and corner cells

Corner cells - For pad ring connectivity.
Had heard about die seal (it is between the border of the chip and the scribe line)... but not scribe seal.

corner cells

Doping wells need to be continuous for the manufacturing feasiblity..........Its a fabrication issue....We do lot of things in physical design which are related to fabrication to fabrication like metal fillers, decap cells, filler cells, well tap cells, end cap cells and so on........ to make the process easy and effective
Bye take care

corner cells

Corner cells - For pad ring connectivity, it contains only Metal layers. no active layers. these special cells contains metal structures that are bent 45 degrees, to maintain continuity of IO power buss structures.

Scribe seal - this is the extra space provided as an offset b/w two adjacent dies on the wafer. This is useful to avoid damages of die while cutting the dies from wafer.
Usuall double scribe seal is provided.

I think this scribe seal is same as die seal.

Added after 5 hours 43 minutes:

Filler cells are mainly used to avoid NWELL DRC spacing issues.
I dont think VDD/VSS continuation depends for this. if a filler cell exists or not the VDD/VSS is still continuous

In all the Standard cells NWELL is the boundary (correct me cell designers).
Like we check minimum spacing b/w same metal layers we check b/w NWELL.

There will be many places where this spacing cannot be increased, since we have already place and routed the design. So we fill the empty spaces with spare fillers cells, eventually used for any ECOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back