Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me to drive a stepper motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

is_razi

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi buddies,
i recently concerned about driving a stepper motor (1.8 deg,3.0v , 1.2A)using the pc's LPT1, but the result is not satisfying. the rotor speed is about 1 revolution per 2sec. my question is that is this normal or i did wrong somewhere in my design.and if it's normal can somebody propose a method to increase the rpm.
also please sombody tell what is the most typical rpm for stepper motors.

make sure that the delay routine is correct..

to drive SM you have need a driver with a supply 4-30vcc , thera are some IC that maintein konstant current on motors winds.
with this you can drive your motor with 2000-4000 pulse /sec.

is_razi said:
hi buddies,
i recently concerned about driving a stepper motor (1.8 deg,3.0v , 1.2A)using the pc's LPT1, but the result is not satisfying. the rotor speed is about 1 revolution per 2sec. my question is that is this normal or i did wrong somewhere in my design.and if it's normal can somebody propose a method to increase the rpm.
also please sombody tell what is the most typical rpm for stepper motors.

it is normal.....u can increase a little bit by decreasing delay. make sure tht u r driving ur stepper with sufficient current, voltage.

go thr : interfacing stepper

u can increse a little speed...if u write ur code like tht..

incase of

make the code

hope u understand...

regards

hi,

make sure that the volt from your LPT is 3v. Make sure,also, that your stepper motor needs only 3v...

B.

I had my Printer port outputs interfaced to a set of 4 Solid State relays to drive my Huge stepper motor that I bought, it ran on 90 Volts at 12 amps.

I used it to drive my Industrial Tabletop Conveyor Chain, that I use with my Robotic Arm working Cell. It worked perfectly. Although I got the parts from a used parts store, SSrelays when bought Brand new are a little pricey but, in any case just sharing my experience.

Hope all is working out.

Let me know how it's going. :)

Regards,
Gerry O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back