Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLease Vote: Electronics Engineer Vs Computer Engineer

Which field is better?

• Electronics\E&TC Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COmputer\IT Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nan_ishan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electronics vs computers

Hi guys ......
Please add your valuable commments .......

Whether which field is better and has more scope in global market....
Electronics or computers...

See the options on top of the screen

Added after 28 minutes:

PLease vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

According to me, You cannot imagine a body without a soul or only a soul without a body. Hardware without programming cannot fetch you even a penny and vice versa :D

So it doesnot convince me to vote.

Hi onlymusic,
I am talkin about computer proffessionals who work in various progarmming languages and make different kinds of s\w.
ELectronics engineers make their programs related to their h\w,its not the s\w engineers who develop the code for our MCUs

what u people are going to do by doing this voting as i am from electronics background i also prefer but there are less scopes in india donno why ? most of the jobs are for software that is computer engineer not for an electronics engineer and very few companies.......and specially in vlsi there are no companies??

If ur really concentrating on jobs then i will vote for electronics otherwise i will not and i will surely say that there lot of jobs for a software engg rather than electronics engineer

Do something for electronics engineer also yaar like vlsi embedded systems , and so on for a fresher like in software how it is there??

Take care
bye

computer engineer maybe knows computer better than an electronic engineer and no more.:D:D:D

It is our narrow mindedness that we differenciate between computer and electronics. Boths progress is inter dependent.

Hi nan_ishan,

I have a small question to ask you.
Can a computer work with out electronics inside ?
And can a chip be developed with out the s/w tools ?

hi
there is no criteria to judge who is best,if look embedded jobs so CS engineer is best.in vlsi site EC.

i voted for electronic because i am an electronic engineer and i really love it.but i must that you can not seperate computer and electronic . they are melted in each other and both have braod common field with each other.:D

I don't agree with this votation. Computers engineers knows more about high level programming systems. Electronics engineers knows about low level programming. In a system, you allways need the complete sollution. So, there is not one better than other. Just the peoples make the differences, it could be more smart a computer engineer, or at the inverse, it could be smartest the electronic engineer, but is not the career that him choices that make the difference... I think you must put a third option: there are the same...

penrico said:
I don't agree with this votation. Computers engineers knows more about high level programming systems. Electronics engineers knows about low level programming. In a system, you allways need the complete sollution. So, there is not one better than other. Just the peoples make the differences, it could be more smart a computer engineer, or at the inverse, it could be smartest the electronic engineer, but is not the career that him choices that make the difference... I think you must put a third option: there are the same...
I'm agree with you.
I'm studying electronic but I'm also interested in Computer and high level programming aspects.......in most of universities (for ex: MIT) they have one department for both.....EE and Computer Science.......but both of them are massive so in my opinion the most important factor is your interest field not the job itself.....however some one believe that some field like MicroElectronic is just for US.!!
I'm also have a question what happen when industry decide to go on Optics or Quantum?

I'm studying EE, but on my school we don't have FPGA classes, the computer engineering students do... And U don't get much lower level programming than programming in hardware IMHO...

Computer Engineer are paid more than electronics engineer and scope of computer engineer is more than electronic engineer...

For me

IT'S ELECTRONIS......

I'm an EE designing ASICs. I enjoy it very much. I also find learning about and writing software enjoyable. So, from the view of "Do-what-you-like", I could've gone either way. That said, it appears to me that software route has more jobs available than hardware - if jobs are what you are looking for. And, with software, there is the opportunity to do more.

Does software or hardware pay more? I really don't know. But, if there are many software programmers, your ability to negotiate a high salary will be diminished due to the rules of supply and demand. If you find either choice enjoyable, my advice would be to go with the career that you think will be scarcer than the other.

As any economics professor would attest, there is strength in scarcity.

I will be (I hope :) an IT Engineer, but I love making Electronics boards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back