Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import layout from ADS to Orcad as component

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyassin

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
maxdxf.ini

Hi

If you make a hybrid coupler or wilkinson power divider in ADS layout, is it possible to have this imported into Orcad.
Here I mean to have it as an component with ports so I can use it in Orcad Capture?

Hope this make sense.

Regards

mmm , i don't know , but there is a link between ADS adnd mentor and candece allegro tools

u can generate the power coupler gerber , and use it in the orcad layout

khouly

Hello

I have found out how to do it after some time now. It is actually pretty easy( when you know it ;-) ).
If anybody is interested let me know.

Regards

Hi

This is how to do it:

1. Export your structure as DXF-format. It is important to check that the exported and the imported units are the same. This can be checked in the “maxdxf.ini” file in Orcad. Here you can set up the correct scaling it uses for import structures. The default unit is in Mills.

2. It is automatically imported and saved as a *.MAX-file

3. Open your newly saved Max-file, but then “save as” library *.llb and then close the project.

4. Now open your *.Max-file and open the library manager. You will now see your saved component at the top of the library manager. When you click on the library there are two other components which you can just delete called “Default” and “U1”. The imported design (“U1_2”) has been change to an obstacle. Now you can fill in copper (copper area) and place pins at the desired locations. The footprint can also be saved in another library.

5. The only thing that is missing is to make a Capture symbol and make a netlist and you are done.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back