Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

collinear omni-directional high gain antenna design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winglj

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone, I have a question about the omni-directional high gain antenna design.

Basically, the topology I want to use is a series of half-wavelength wires collinear aligned. The connections between them are spring coils. But how can I determine the dimension of the coil in order to make the phase of the half-wavelength section are in-phase?

Any references will be appreciated. Thanks.

The inductor should be calculated to change the phase between elements with 90 degrees.

If you are using λ/2 coaxial segments you don’t have to use any inductors between elements.

winglj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have seen this type of antenna referred to as a "Franklin" . That may be of some help.

I have not been particularly impressed with the results of this type of series feed. Hopefully, you will get it working.

winglj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back