Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do we usually get rid of clock skew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZC

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've heard PLL,DLL and SMD are often utilized in such situation,but I'm not sure is it possible for a Phase Detector achieve the zero phase difference when the loop is locked. If it's possible what technique must be used?

Thanks for your reply!

In order to get rid of clock skew, I think the best solution is to use DLLs . I don' know a better method. However in order to minimize the skew of the DLL make sure to eliminate the deadzone. Also , minimize the charge pump mismatch.

your question is not clear. If you have eg 2 outputs on different side of IC and want them to switch with 0 skew no PLL will help you. You need to do a proper layout to have the clock path as symetrical as possible.
If you want clock in phase with input clock - PLL will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back