Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the PIC to PC interface (16F877a) using the MAX232?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwar147

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys.. im new in microcontroller and still learning. i just established my programmer and program using CCS C compiler. i just also learned and it was my first time to give output to the assigned port.

My question is that when and how to use the PIC to PC interface using the MAX232 chip that connected to serial port.

Re: PIC16F877a

best answer would be just google
you will find out thousands of sample circuit

here is the little description or guide

use hardware UART which is built in the pic
for this RC7 & RC6 should be connected to the Max232

possibley there will be a example on ccs c compiler

PIC16F877a

Interface chip or circuit can shift RS232 signal to TTL and vice versa.

most {all} modern controllers for rs232 on serial pc ports {made after 2000} will auto switch to 5v
so the max 232 isnt needed really.. just buffer diodes 1n4148.... on rx tx and rts cts ...

ok. nice guys, but if im going to connect the MAX232 hardware, what is actually going to happen, do i need any or different sofware, and what its purpose then :|

PIC16F877a

you do not need software in MAX232, read the post of funnynypd what MAX232 do

PIC16F877a

Google is full f schematics showing how to connect them.

PIC16F877a

one more thing, actually i am controlling my 7.5 degrees per step stepper motor, the minimum delay each step that i did is 0.03 sec, below than that the motor wont move, for a stepper motor, how high the RPM can go, and also im using ULN2003 chip for the motor driver

PIC16F877a

The is a minimum response time from driver circuit and motor coil. CHeck the data sheet of those devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back