Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led display digital Voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhdmax

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
12f675 voltmeter

Led display digital Voltmeter

voltmeter chip

Good Document but it's outdated now Why not use a PIC chip ?

wizpic

digital voltmeter

Why you use PIC when there is ICL7107 or other similar dedicated ICs still active at Intersil and other manufacturers?

Why you try to bump into complicated matter when not necessary?

led display digital voltmeter

nguyennam said:
Why you use PIC when there is ICL7107 or other similar dedicated ICs still active at Intersil and other manufacturers?

Why you try to bump into complicated matter when not necessary?

hi

in some casses ypu right when you just need a simple voltmeter chip with out auto decimal point shift but when you are making some thing special then controller provide a good solution

regards
Fragrance

icl7107 applications

Fragrance said:
in some casses ypu right when you just need a simple voltmeter chip with out auto decimal point shift but when you are making some thing special then controller provide a good solution

regards
Fragrance

I agree with mhdmax and you, not with wizpic.
ICL7107 is not outdated, but is simple solution for simple and instant applications.
Beside, there is complicated solution with PIC, but for the complicated demands, not for the simple ones. In fact I have been using both solutions depending on cases.

led display digitalni voltmetar

Well that's why I'm called Wizpic I like PIC'S. :D :D

Yes it is a good chip and yes you can still get it, But I found they where unstable not giving accurate reading's. I brought the double Panel meter from velleman abd tried very thing to get a good stable reading.

so I made a double pannel meter with one PIC and 8 x 7 segments reading up 99.99volts with +/-5mV if you wanted that high

I also said it was a good document and to me it is an old design. and only asked a the question why not use a PIC at no point did i say don't use it :D

It was only a question NO war :D:D

wizpic

digital voltmeter display

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering where is the voltage input to be measure in this 12F675 Volt meter?

Did I missed something?

digital voltmeter pic

I think its measuring the voltage from the pot.

Looks much more complicated than I would have designed it!

Brian.

hi whiz pic....

i have pic18f4520 on hand and would like to create voltmeter, current, power and temperature to display it on 16x2 lcd for my car.

i've googled it but it doesnt help[ that much.
do u have any links?
thnx

ICL7107 is Still a nice chip for panel meters. Accuracy depends on how accurate components in the circuit you are using. Good and stable resistors capacitors with tight tolerence and multiturn pot in place of single turn pot for caliberation can give you an advantage.

And even this chip can be used to make auto ranging voltmeter/ammeter, but this will be a little more complex(in this particular case a will go for using MCU)

This smal 3 digit is really GREAT stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back