Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ELECTRON mobility is more than that of HOLES (3 TIMES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who said that how it was proved it will be useful if you guys articulating with examples and PROOF....

it is based on experimental values... there are million and billions of forces acting on a single charge particle... the variation and values are just experimental.....

This is what book that I studied from says:
Since moving charges trough valent zones is harder than moving of free electrons, holes mobility is lower...
This is my translation from my language, so sory if you dont understand it...

I think this, and much more can be found here:
Milman J., Gabriel A.: Microelectronic, McGraw Hill, New Yourk, 1987, chapter 1.3

How do i get this book
can anyone provide me this book
Bye take care

hello, everyone!

i am a new freshman here.

so warmly welcome your help and questions. I am a PCB&FPCB manufacturer located in Shenzhen China. the layers can up to 30L.

Anyone who are interested in this subject and any questions.

feel free to contact me.

Tks & Brgds

the answer to this question is not that simple. Mobility of an electron or hole depends on what is known as the conductivity effective mass ,of the electron or hole. The effective mass is actually a tensor(meaning unlike vector, it has many directions or components). It is given indetails in good text books of quantum mechanics/solid state devices... this is one good link i could find : https://ece.colorado.edu/~bart/book/book/chapter2/ch2_3.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back