Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

writing data to DDR SDRAM card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suddy72

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xup2vp

hi,

I have posted a similar question on here before and got no where.
I am having problems with writing data to a DDR SDRAM card which sits in a 184-pin Dual In-line Memory Module (DIMM) socket on board an XUP Virtex II pro Evaluation board.

I have set the board up so that it reads data on switches and displays the output on LEDS -- SIMPLE. I now want to sample this outputed data ( can use the system clock for now) and store the results in memory. (ie) for 64000 sample. My plan is then to send this data to the PC. But i want to do one step at a time first.

Can anyone guide me through step by step just how i can write this data onto the DDR SDRAM.

Thanks again for all your help.

Stuart Sutherland

Since you didn't mention anything about a DDR-SDRAM controller, I am assuming you didn't use one. You'll be needing a dram controller to interface with the external DRAM module. XUP2VP comes with a some VGA examples, you can check them for basic understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back