Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate a loop antenna in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

corncat

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss loop antenna

Hi,

I am wondering how to build and simulate a loop antenna which works beetween 0.9 GHz and 3 GHz in HFSS. It is urgent! Looking forward to your warm-hearted help! Anything related to the loop antenna will be great!

Thanks once again!

loop antenna hfss

(1) draw a airbox;
(2) draw loop;
(3) add lump port;
(4) setup the solver and simulate;
(6) obtain the S11 and farfield;

loop antenna hfss simulation

what kind of loop? patch on the substrate or a kind of rod?

corncat said:
Hi,

I am wondering how to build and simulate a loop antenna which works beetween 0.9 GHz and 3 GHz in HFSS. It is urgent! Looking forward to your warm-hearted help! Anything related to the loop antenna will be great!

Thanks once again!

corncat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ghz loop antenna

As for the kind of the loop, the simplest one will be great. I am just wanna figure out how to establish a loop antenna project in HFSS first. Then I will improve the design of the antenna. Thanks!

I am new to HFSS and i am also looking to simulate printed loop antenna for a large frequency range starting from 700MHz to 5GHz. and my antenna size will be 65*10*0.8mm^3.

so for me boundary should be :Radiation and excitation should be wave port is it correct? and i am totally new to HFSS so any video explaining the whole procedure would be great i tried a lot to search on youtube bt couldnt find any

hope to get a quick reply from you eminent guys

You have to draw a "air-box" (empty box), and this box hase to be set as Radiation Boundary

I think for a loop antenna a lumped port is more adequate.

You should use the forum search for HFSS tutorials, there are some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back