Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boundary overlapping error in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan6449

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..im new in using hfss.i got problem.i got error message
Project21 (C:/Users/alan the great/Desktop/alan the great/)
HFSSDesign1
[error] Objects "Substrate" and "Probe" intersect. (11:23 PM Aug 14, 2007)
[error] Objects "superstarte" and "Probe" intersect. (11:23 PM Aug 14, 2007)
[warning] Warning - Boundary 'PerfE2' and Boundary 'Rad1' overlap. (11:23 PM Aug 14, 2007)
[warning] Boundary 'Rad1': A radiation boundary face has solid objects with SolveInside on both sides of it. Please check setup, as this could produce incorrect results. (11:23 PM Aug 14, 2007)
[warning] Boundary 'Rad1': A radiation boundary face has solid objects with SolveInside on both sides of it. Please check setup, as this could produce incorrect results. (11:23 PM Aug 14, 2007)

i attached my file....anybody can help me...plz

Re: boundary overlapping

i tried to open your file, but couldn't.

my guess is that your probe is a little inside your substrate. probably you wanted your probe to go through your substrate. when i do this i create a cyclinder using the substrate material and cut the cyclinder out of the substrate using the subtract button on hfss. then the probe goes through the hole you made in the substrate.

hope that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back