Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

manufacturing grid and routing grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujju433

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody explain me wt is the difference between routing grid and manufacturing grid?

I will give him 14 points if anybody can explain me clearly ???

The difference is

Routing grids : These are the grids which are used by place and route tool to route the METAL layers. Place and route tools like MAGMA/silicon ensemble or VDIO does this because this will automatically satisfy the DRC rule.

Manufacturing grid : Its nothing but related to process. Your layout should on on manufacturing grid else it will cause a problem in process. This is because while chip fabrication there is limit because of aperture angle (while masking) hence all your chip dimension has to satisfy this.

But i want to know in terms of CADENCE TOOLS called as SOC encounter or virtuso layour editor....Can u plz find out and tell me ??

i guess VDIO is encounter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back