Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB pen drive circuit and software for a DIY project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siraj

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi folks,

i am looking for USB pen drive circuit and software for a DIY project.
could somebody please help?

thanks in advance

siraj

pendriver cypress

What do you mean ? can you give more details ?

pendrive schematics project

I presume you are refering to a pocket flash drive, have a look at ST, TI and cypress websites they all have app notes for mass storage devices.

http://www.stmcu.com/inchtml-pages-st7265_pfd.html

I have built one based on the above.
I can send you the orcad schematic/layout if you are interested.
The firmware is available from ST's website

Hope this helps
NTFreak

schematic pendriver

hello ntfreak,

yes ur feedback helped very much.by the way approximately how much did you spend on this project( in US dollars please)? did it exceed 50 dollars?

circuitry of pen drive

I did not really spend a great deal on the project, we only made 5, the big problem was obtaining the nand flash memory, free from samsung eventually, the micros I got from work and the pcb also.

Find attached schematic/layout for a pocket flash drive, the schematic is taken from ST ***.stmcu.com reference design as is the firmware included.
The only improvement that could be added is a ISP header for firmware updates because as yet the 651 usb lib does not support DFU.

Regards
NTFreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back