Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem programming VirtexE in ISE 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelydonut

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm having the problem where I can synthesize and generate a .bit file but when I try to use impact to program the virtexE via JTAG Parallel III cable i get a error stating..

Error:Bitstream:2 .... .msk not in specified location.

I'm having trouble finding out why this is occuring or even what the steps would be to create the programming file and program the device.

Anyone have any idea what im doing wrong?

jelydonut

I think the mask is only used for verification, so if you deselect "verify" when you go to program the device it might work. The .msk file is created when you do bitgen - make sure it is in the same directory (and the same name as) your bitfile when you program.

.msk

In the options menu of the design manager
enable the readback option in the “Configuration Template”
to generate the .msk file along with the .bit file.put these
two file together while u program.

Sathiya

I suspect the file is not the right one for jtag configuration.

The best way to generate the right file if you are not familiar with bitgen, promgen, etc... is launching them from ISE, so if i.e. you want to configure the FPGA in JTAG mode, once that you finish the par, you select from the "Create programming file" the JTAG Programmer from the Launch tools, so that ISE configure the bitgen in the rigth way.

If you want to do it by hand, you should select the JTAG clock as start-up option in the create prog. file menu.

I think juggernaut is right, Deselect the "verify" in the programming dialog box.[/b]

using ISE 5.2,by defaullt , it will not generate .msk for Verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back