Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Current Sense Circuit Vs Voltage sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
A current sensing circuit will have very low impedence while a voltage sensing ciruit will have very high impedence ...

correct me if i am wrong...

gafsos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
practically there is no proper way to describe current sense circuits due to the zero impedance required... often it is the voltage sense circuit which does current sense too... for this purpose the voltage sense circuit is used to sense current by passing the current through a resistor....

gafsos

how can i able to design a current sense circuit in buck converter?
please refer any references

gafsos

i've uploaded a file below and this file contains reference to how to sense current of a buck converter...
around 7 ways have been given in it.... this is mainly to avoid the method which involves the loss of power by the usage of a series resistor to measure current using the voltage across the series resistor...

gafsos

Status
Not open for further replies.