Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SONY ERICSON AT+CMGR command

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoaspilet11

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
+cmgr pdu

Hello Everybody,

Ive been using ATC commands to manipulate my SE T610 phone. One of the issues I encounter is that when the SMS message received is too long, more than 153 characters, the message will be broken down into separate messages stored at different memory index with no clue on the ATC response ensemble that they are broken messages. In other words, there is no structural (ATC ensemble) difference between the unbroken short received SMS received to the broken longer ones.

Apparently on closer examination, these broken messages will be sent from the phone to SMSC one at a time because each broken message has corresponding time stamp. I dont know if this holds true in general but this is my observation on these broken long messages.

1.) Anybody has a clue how to detect that the message is part of a longer message?

2.) I also tried to decode the message while it is still in PDU unit, or AT+CMGF=0 setting, but there no info if in fact the message is part of a larger message. I am still researching if there is.

3.) On the other hand, if the message is too long, say 450 characters, it will be broken to three messages and even if the broken messages has corresponding time stamps, in chronological order of when they were received at SMSC, they will not arrive at the phone in chronological order. Sometimes the first part will arrive, followed by the last part then the mid part. Is there an info on the TPDU unit that would indicate that the message is part of larger message?

This is my ATC settings:

ATE=0; Echo off;
AT+CMGF=1; Text format not in PDU format
AT+CPMS="ME"; default message storage is phone memory
AT+CNMI=,1; New message indication routed to terminal equipment

The phone can always assemble these broken long messages into a single message. Im wondering what flag or maybe information on the ATC response ensemble that the messge is broken down into smaller messages.

I'll appreciate much of your thoughts

07/16/07

Never mind this post friends; I already found the solution to this issue by decoding on the message while it is in PDU mode. Indeed there are info on the PDU stream that would indicate that the message is broken into parts and it sequence number.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.