Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Sending sms through PC(hyper terminal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsfanidotcom

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there...i need a smal help.... i m connecting my mobile with with PC using serial cable... i have also installed the drivers of the cable...and after making connection of hyper terminal with phone i m not able to see the commands i typed on the hyper terminal window...can any body tell me what is the problem...
thanks...

Try to turn on "Echo typed characters locally" ..
Goto:
File - Properties - ASCII Setup ..

Regards,
IanP

You should check your phone if it is capabale for ATC commununications. If you are using older nokia phones chances are you wont suceed connecting your phone to your PC.

it may not support AT comands or chek on net for that particular handset wat format does it support ,also chek the settings of hyper terminal

thanks for u all for the reply...i checked my phone on net and there i got info that it supports text and pdu both in sending data and only pdu in receive mode.
i m able to see the words now by enabling "echo type character locally"
now there is a problem... i can see my commands and on sending command AT it responds OK,
but when i wrote any other command it responds ERROR....
similarly when i install driver of cable it install it on COM 1 port... but when i make connection of hyper terminal it says that "any other application is accessing the mobile through this port" so i have to give it the COM3 port....
is there any problem with this...
please reply....and again thanks for ur reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.