Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface any hardware, like ADC, to PC parallel port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neggar_8051

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help. Can anyone plz tell me how to interface any hardware like ADC, etc to PC parallel port? Plz suggest me a book for learning that.

Wat are device drivers? How can I write driver one for my hardware to interface with PC?

Plz Help me..........

Re: Hardware Interface

there are some resources
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LPT
-http://www.fimee.ugto.mx/profesores/dohernandez/documentos/Parallel_Port_Complete_Programming,_Interfacing_and_Using_the_PCs_Parallel_Printer_Port.pdf
- you can use assembly or read write command in basic or write assemly code in C++ or download DLL layrary & use in out instrction in VB.
- sembly the LPT is 3 port data,statuse & control

Hardware Interface

thanks-thanks, i wish edaboard will be number one at electronic education

Re: Hardware Interface

For all,
just remember that working with parallel port on NT system (Win2k, WinxP, ...) is not simple as with previous Windows version, this bcz you've to work on a Kernel level (Ring 0), then don't use program for Windows version like Win98 or WinME on WinXP, if you do that a protection error will be popped up, to drive this port you can use some free library like one that you can found at the link:
**broken link removed**
Dll download with some example:
**broken link removed**

Cheers
F.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back