Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fast algorithm for calculating averaging image

Status
Not open for further replies.

auto_mitch

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to calculate an averaging image this can be implemented by a very low pass i have already did it in the spatial domain but the calculation takes long time. I want to implemented in frequency domain but i can't because images are not square(e.g. 480x480). Is there any fast algorithm to calculate the averaging image???
Thanx

Averaging Image

you possibly need to divide image into blocks for time or transformed domain processing.

Averaging Image

You are complaining that your calculations are takes too long but you don't say how you have implemeted them.
As far as I know, you need to do 2-D convolution of your input image with a certain mask. So you should do a lot of matrix operation, look at the assembly code to check if your compiled used Multiply and Accumulate operations. Since the mask values are the same for the whole image, it is faster to store this values on fast acces registers, you shouldn't load this values for each pixels.
If you can do a 2D FFT and inverseFFT faster than image convolution then you could go for frequency domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back