Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change the m factor (multiplication factor) for Instances in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using Cadence Virtuoso IC6.1.5 64 bit.

In my design I have analog and digital parallel in-parallel out shift register. I need to fill this register with binary data.

I am using Verilog to generate my digital data bits by designing functional block and put it in my simulation test bench, then I use to run simulation and set the simulator to 'AMS'.

This configuration is not supporting all the simulations as spectra offers.

The second thing is that I need to write Verilog code every time I need different type of data.

Therefore I would like to ask you please if there is other option provided by cadence to generate pattern of parallel bits (that has configurable times and voltage) which can run under Spectra simulation

multiplication.PNG

Thank you

Best Regards

How to change the m factor (multiplication factor) for Instances in cadence

Depends on how you want the multiplication be done:

Either m equal instances of the same device, then instantiate this device <1:m> times in parallel. Or you can multiply it by its Number of Gates, then enter the m value in the corresponding input window of the instance CDF symbol.

Depends on how you want the multiplication be done:

Either m equal instances of the same device, then instantiate this device <1:m> times in parallel. Or you can multiply it by its Number of Gates, then enter the m value in the corresponding input window of the instance CDF symbol.

Dear Erikel
Thank you for your help

I need the variable (m), because I want to use the array matching generator by using Modgen from Cadence, with this variable the software can arrange the transistor in common centroid like AB/BA. If I use the number of gates rather, as a aration it is the same but for Modgen he will consider it as one transistor so he can only make AB.

Thank you once again

Your PDK doesn't support multiplier parameter. You have to instantiate as vector as erikl said.

Your PDK doesn't support multiplier parameter. You have to instantiate as vector as erikl said.

Thank you Dominik,

yes my PDK doesnt support the m factor,

But indeed I didn't get how nstantiate as vector as erikl said in the CDFf symbol, it will be kind of you to explain me how

Thank you once again

Really? Sorry fellow but this question asking for RTFM.

To instantiate any device in netlist unique name is needed. So to instantiate device, for example simple resistor as vector, you need to provide a proper name.
R0<9:1> NET_A<9:1> NET_B<9:1> resistor 1k
Above line instantiate 9 1kΩ resistors with one leg connected to 9 nets NET_A<9>,..., NET_A<1>, while other leg to NET_B<9>,..., NET_B<1> respectively.
R0<9:1> NET_A NET_B resistor 1k
While this line instantiates 9 1kΩ resistors in parallel connected between NET_A and NET_B.

In Schematic editor, simply edit name of instance and add brackets with proper list order.

In your virtuoso installation directory is a doc/ subdirectory containing a lot of helpful materials, with tutorials too.
You can also access them from CIV→Help menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back