Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plotting eye diagram from cadence to matlab using excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have calculated the deterministic jitter through eye diagram in cadence. However, I need my eye diagram to be plotted to matlab. I checked for some inbuilt fucntions for plotting eye diagram, and I found out a command called "eyediagram()" to plot it. But right now I have my eye diagram plots in excel. Is there any way to plot from excel to matlab using eyediagram command. I tried doing so but I am not getting any good results like that of cadence. It would be helpful if you provide a simpler way of projecting the eyediagram from cadence to matlab. Help is appreciated. Thanks inadvance.

I have calculated the deterministic jitter through eye diagram in cadence.
What do you mean by cadence ?
Use correct terminology.

But right now I have my eye diagram plots in excel.
Is there any way to plot from excel to matlab using eyediagram command.
MATLAB can read "CSV File" or "XLS File".

I tried doing so but I am not getting any good results like that of cadence.
Use correct terminology.

It would be helpful if you provide a simpler way of projecting the eyediagram from cadence to matlab.
Use correct terminology.

cadence virtuoso IC 6.1.6 is the tool I am working with. I have .csv file containing the eye diagram values. I need to plot. That's all. If there is a way let me know

hi pancho_hideboo,
I can read the .csv data. But what I need is to plot them as an eye diagram iin matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.