Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmission line model in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaPeng

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MT (3).jpg
I want to design a transmission line for my power amplifier match network.
Firstly I draw a path in virtuoso ,then I export the GDS file to HFSS, but I need one end terminal of the MT line connected to GND . how can I do this in HFSS .PLZ tell me ,thanks a lot

View attachment 128747
I want to design a transmission line for my power amplifier match network.
Firstly I draw a path in virtuoso ,then I export the GDS file to HFSS, but I need one end terminal of the MT line connected to GND . how can I do this in HFSS .PLZ tell me ,thanks a lot

Put a conductor between your two TL conductors?

Please provide more details for a more specific answer -- the hand-drawn figure doesn't help.

**broken link removed**
Hi PlanarMetamaterials
this is the match network I want simulate in HFSS ,as you can see ,this match net work is consist of two Microstrip lines ,and the right one is one end connected GND , when I simulated the network on 3D HFSS simulator how can I do this correctly? I mean how can i add the gnd to the stub when I simulated in HFSS
thanks I hope I expressed myself clearly

I think your circuit has a ground plane and you can add a via. So draw a thin cylinder with proper diameter between the stub and ground. Its ends should just touch the stub and ground plane. Put its material to PEC.

Hi rizoeda
I have done as you said ,but there appears a warning that the gnd boundary and perfe1 boundary overlap ,can I ignore that warning?

- - - Updated - - -

and thank you very much for your reply

Hi NaPeng
What are your mentioned "gnd boundary" and "perfe1 boundary"? These are your appellations, you can attach your hfss project file if you'd like. Generally speaking you can ignore warnings IF you are sure about all other details of your project (Excitation, Radiation Boundary, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back