Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100A DC Solid State Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need the device to be PCB mount?

No.

BTW, I am looking for a schematic please.

Use smart power switches like BTS650 connected in parallel. I made a solid state starter relay for motorcycles 12V 200A on 10xBTS650.

Use smart power switches like BTS650 connected in parallel. I made a solid state starter relay for motorcycles 12V 200A on 10xBTS650.

Would you like to share your design and some photos, please.

SSR =Solid State Relay, which is what you asked for. However, as you have found, most SSR are used in AC applications where they inherently turn off when the control voltage is removed.

In a DC application, an AC circuit using a triac or SCR will not work unless you have a method of disrupting the current to turn them off. When turned on they will stay in the on condition until the current being passed drops below sustaining level which may be only a few mA.

If you want true relay operation where you use one voltage to switch another larger one, consider MOSFET or IGBT designs. All electronic relays will drop some voltage so be careful with heat dissipation at 100A.

Brian.

BTS6143D 10mOhm resistanse
10 in parallel = 1mOhm
100A * 1mOhm = 100mV drop
100mV * 100A = 10W power loss
It is ok for 50x50mm board for 30s load without heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back