Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My test pattern is not like should be! Somebody can help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael 1978

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
helle everyone
everything ok.

can somebody help me?

in place to get this pattern test
part 1
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
--------------------
i get this one the same pattern but diagonal like this
part 2
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
/ / / /
-----------------------

why i dont get like in part 1!

the colors are all good just this difference is in part 2

what do you think where i make mistake?
everything is fine with design i think.

Congratulations! You are today's winner of the vaguest, most meaningless post!!

We have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. Test pattern? On what, you're TV screen? Your front lawn?

"everything is fine with design", and yet it doesn't work. I guess everything is NOT fine with your design, whatever that design might be.

Don't expect us to expend any effort answering your question when you can't even expend the effort formulating an intelligent question.

what do you think where i make mistake?
everything is fine with design i think.

Everything is not fine with the design, when it is not working correctly. The mistake is probably some counter is wrong.

BTW maybe you should learn how to ask a question that can be answered.

Suggested reading before posting any more questions.
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

I suggest using a text editor in block mode, then posted inside code tags. Also use | char instead of / . That will likely fix your problem.

Hello …
I am using Quartus 13.1
This is Video Test Pattern, normal i have to get the picture in vertical ,
but in this case i get in Diagonal the orginal picture…

I want to know is in counters (of does have to do also with TIMING).

Thanks you for help....

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I did not know
i use NotePad from windows 10

Hello …
I am using Quartus 13.1
more useless information, your code is wrong what implementation tools won't fix that problem.

This is Video Test Pattern, normal i have to get the picture in vertical ,
but in this case i get in Diagonal the orginal picture…
I think we all figured that out...so this is useless information too

I want to know is in counters (of does have to do also with TIMING).
I don't even know what you were trying to say here. Perhaps this page will help you construct better sentences that make more sense.

Hi,
I did not know
i use NotePad from windows 10
Using plain old Windows Notepad, now I see where the problem is...Notepad is not a coders text editor you can't even get syntax highlighting in notepad.

You need to write a testbench for your code and run it using Altera's included Modelsim AE. Instead of asking vague questions that we can't answer due to lack of code and poor error description (as the saying goes: a picture is worth a thousand words...a quantity you haven't even approached), maybe you should spend the time and write a testbench.

I've been coding in HDLs for 30+ years and I always create a testbench and run a simulation before I put anything on hardware. Do that and you might find your problem yourself, which I still think is a counting issue like not counting enough or counting too much.

I want to thank you a lot
:thumbsup:for time and help and advice.

I fix it, ;-). i make mistake in Code.

May i ask you one more question?

Do you know any Tutorial in Internet, to learn about FRAME BUFFER(how to design) in verilog.

Thank Man one more time.
Greetings.

Do you know any Tutorial in Internet, to learn about FRAME BUFFER(how to design) in verilog.
I usually find tutorials by using Google. If you can't find something then a) it doesn't exist, b) you're search terms are garbage, or c) it exists but is not in Verilog.

Hello
Sorry i was not online, mee too i search in Google. But sometimes i have Lucky sometimes No.:wink: after i come here for Help.
Thnx Man.
Greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back