Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Device missing or unknown device

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_abdallah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i connect the programmer https://electronics-diy.com/avr_programmer.php
with my atmega8l-8pu and i Severed cable USB Drives The computer arrived and external power to the programmer to get 5v from computer but when i bourn the hex file the pany prog tell me Device missing or unknown device

what is the problem? please some one answer me?

According to the link, it would appear as though you need an external 5V power source. The programmer is not supplying any power to the atmega8. If you look at the schematic you will see that you are actually giving the 5V signal to the programmer.

According to the link, it would appear as though you need an external 5V power source. The programmer is not supplying any power to the atmega8. If you look at the schematic you will see that you are actually giving the 5V signal to the programmer.

the usb cable give the programmer 5v i put the Cable 5v of the usb in the external power in programmer and the ground in the ground and i check the power was 4.7 v did the power enough or i have to Substitution the usb cable with power supply

If you have one I would try that. USB I believe only supplies 100mA when in the default low speed mode.

Does this chip have the arduino bootloader on it?

All arduinos use a serial bootloader, which is a piece of firmware that sits underneath the app code. On power up this code runs and looks for a programmer on the serial port. If found it overwrites the app code. If not it runs the existing app code.

From the factory there is no arduino bootloader. You can load the bootloader using an arduino uno, I think.

Are you using decoupling capacitor?

Does this chip have the arduino bootloader on it?

All arduinos use a serial bootloader, which is a piece of firmware that sits underneath the app code. On power up this code runs and looks for a programmer on the serial port. If found it overwrites the app code. If not it runs the existing app code.

From the factory there is no arduino bootloader. You can load the bootloader using an arduino uno, I think.

Are you using decoupling capacitor?

do you mean that file ATmegaBOOT.hex

- - - Updated - - -

i think that the serial programmer do it or what?

yes i used it

- - - Updated - - -

???? where are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back