Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I measure the Side-Band Amplitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EltonBrasil

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have a NFC system (Reader -> Power Amplifier -> Antenna <-> NFC Tag) in which I can generate a H-field strength from 1.5 A/m to 7.5 A/m. So I would like to know how I can measure the Side-Band Amplitude (SBA) as well as lower sideband (@lsb) and upper sideband (@usb) of the system.

Many thanks in advance.

Which modulation do you want to measure? Reader or tag generated? Why sidebands separately? No SSB involved with NFC.

Which modulation do you want to measure? Reader or tag generated? Why sidebands separately? No SSB involved with NFC.

It is an ASK modulation. I would like to measure the reader side generated. Thanks much.

You can either calculate the side band to carrier magnitude ratio based on the used modulation index or measure the magnitudes with a spectrum analyzer. Modulation index is different for 106 kbps and higher bit rate mode, 100% versus 8 - 30 %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back