Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do you know how to use USART on STM32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Helo friends,

I've been doing USART on STM32 and got this at putty:
USART.jpg

Actually I want to display :

Code:
printf("*  Thank you for using the board");

Do you have idea why ?

Thanks

I have used STM32 on several projects but never used the printf function. I have made my own communication functions. You should try using the USART on a RAW mode for now, just sending a few chars to check the communication. The STM32 stdperiph Lib might help you on that.

Cya

I have used STM32 on several projects but never used the printf function. I have made my own communication functions. You should try using the USART on a RAW mode for now, just sending a few chars to check the communication. The STM32 stdperiph Lib might help you on that.

Cya
Do you have example on it ?

you are using a 3.3V logic micro... you need a max3232, or a 3.3V logic ftdi, you can also make an auxiliary circuit with transistors to handle rs232 levels... but I would use one ftdi

______
note... if you are using an development board, probably you already have built on board ftdi or max3232

Last edited:

you are using a 3.3V logic micro... you need a max3232, or a 3.3V logic ftdi, you can also make an auxiliary circuit with transistors to handle rs232 levels... but I would use one ftdi

______
note... if you are using an development board, probably you already have built on board ftdi or max3232

do you have the auxilary circuit with transistor to handle rs232 level ?

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

there's PL2303HX onboard, but window7 can not use virtual COM Port from ST....do you have ideas ?
or I will create my own converter and connect to PA9 and PA10 with MAX232

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

people with same problem found the solution...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...e/thread/c70062f5-4b17-4b65-867b-1352515a4fe6

basically you have a Chinese fake
Warning Notice:
It is recently confirmed that counterfeit (fake) PL-2303HX USB to Serial Controller ICs using Prolific's trademark logo and device drivers were being sold in the China market. Counterfeit IC products show exactly the same outside chip markings but generally are of poor quality and causes driver compatibility issues (Error Code 10). We issue this warning to all our customers and consumers to avoid confusion and false purchase.

Please be warned that selling counterfeit products are illegal and punishable by civil and criminal courts according to the trademark, copyright, and intellectual properties laws and regulations. Prolific will take proper and severe actions to cease and confiscate these counterfeit products. Prolific also prohibits the distribution of any PL-2303 drivers (including download links) without written permission from Prolific.

Prolific advices end-users to only purchase branded cable products with company name contact information for service and support in case you suspect a counterfeit chip inside. You may also contact Prolific to provide the vendor information.

So you need to get old version drivers to solve it...

---------- Post added at 03:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

You will want to check this article:

Last edited:

It works ok with my module ( just created ) MAX232 chip is being used for the module..
thanks for helping :)

have you tested with the PL2303HX ?

have you tested with the PL2303HX ?

I'm using Profilic USB to Serial Converter then connect into my handmade MAX232 converter, then connect to PA9 and PA10...so far no problem...

Sorry, I was asking if you had try to use directly the onboard PL2303HX as you said
there's PL2303HX onboard, but window7 can not use virtual COM Port from ST....do you have ideas ?

Sorry, I was asking if you had try to use directly the onboard PL2303HX as you said
For that one , I can not make the Virtual COM Port from STM to run in window7 64bits, may be there's a bug...

I posted the solution for that problem above ;)

just follow the link and install the mentioned drivers as vista compatible under admin rights

You will want to check this article:

I installed that driver already and my USB to serial converter is working now, but there is another chip on board that has a different preference with this USB converter, your answer is right for USB to serial converter but it's different with the 2303 onboard, I must use driver from ST, they call it ST Virtual COM port, and it's not working, actually it's for downloading my code...but now I'm using JLink for replacing it, doesn't matter, work the same..

---------- Post added at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 ----------

I posted the solution for that problem above ;)

just follow the link and install the mentioned drivers as vista compatible under admin rights
Have you done your own customized uCGUI ?
Where's the starting point for it ?

Thanks

didn't know about that st issue
Well, I've just added a few buttons... It is similar to windows API programing... anyway, I never managed to get the full free uCCOS, so I prefer to use freeRTOS

USB to serial converter and the small MAX232 module that I had created just now
RS232 and handmade module.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.