Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where are all the TFT/LCD fabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

coates

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
According to Wikipedia all TFT/LCD fabs are located in China, Taiwan and Japan. Can anyone name any fabs outside of Asia?

Considering the uptake of these screens why aren't there any fabs in Europe or USA? Has it all been outsourced because the process is too polluting?

Is it possible that in the future - when the price of touchscreens has been dumped and everything has a touch screen - Asia could look towards sending these processes back to the West to save their own polluted environment?

Cost....
Your content sounds (reads) very similar to Treez's?

:laugh: There's two definite types of people on this forum: those that ask questions and those that answer them. When did you last ask a question?

I did notice a while back that me and treez seem to be of the inquisitive type. Maybe it's because we are both in the same situation where we don't have any experienced electronics colleagues to ask these sorts of questions. You can't always find the answer on the web.

I rarely ask them on this site, but do answer sometimes... but if you didn't ask the question then I and others would not answer them and the forum would die.
After 35+ years in electronics I am rather jaded and cynical.
The other thing is investment, how many fab houses for anything are there outside of Aisa these days.

The other thing is investment, how many fab houses for anything are there outside of Aisa these days.

I think everyone can see that the market for TFT/LCD is only going to increase. Especially integration into cars. It's unusual for the USA to not have invested more in the technology. It's handing over a massive market to the East.

Its been going on for years, look at the history of IC fab houses, that did the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back