Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Histogram Plot in Cadence's Post Processing Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancho_hideboo

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We can plot a histogram in Cadence's Post Processing Environment based on Wavescan in ADE for results of Monte-Carlo Analysis.

However I don't know any function to plot histogram for general analysis data in Cadence's Post Processing Environment.
Ocean function, "histogram()" in Cadence's ADE is limited to results of Monte-Carlo Analysis.

On the other hand, we can easily plot histogram for any analysis data in other vendor's post processing environment.
Usually I use following three methods.

(1) we can easily plot histogram for any analysis data in Agilent's ADS post processing environment.
histogram() - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center
The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Size Dependent Mismatch Variation's Description don't work in Agilent RFDE2006U3

(2) Also we can easily plot histogram for any analysis data in Synopsys's "Custom Waveview".
See attached figure.
This is a noise voltage by transient noise analysis of Cadence Spectre.
Horizontal axis is time and Vertical axis is amplitude in upper figure.
Lower figure is a histogram.

(3) As another option, we can plot histogram by Mathworks MATLAB.

In (2) and (3), we can use Cadence's "psf" data directly.

How do you plot histogram for general analysis data in Cadence's Post Processing Environment ?

Do I have to create custom skill function to build histogram from general analysis data ?

Attachments

• Synopsys_Custom_WaveView.png
    Synopsys_Custom_WaveView.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

I've created custom skill function, "my_histogram()" which have completely same function as "histogram()" in Agilent's ADS post processing environment.

Attachments

• my_histogram.png
    my_histogram.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

I've created custom skill function, "my_histogram()" which have completely same function as "histogram()" in Agilent's ADS post processing environment.

Dear Sir,
I need to plot a histogram in cadence for monte carlo, too. please help me

I need to plot a histogram in cadence for monte carlo, too. please help me
Simply, use "ADE>Tools>Monte Carlo".
In Cadence ADE, you can plot histogram for only Monte Carlo without any special labor.
See

This thread is a regarding histogram plot for general analysis data in Cadence's Post Processing Environment.

Simply, use "ADE>Tools>Monte Carlo".
In Cadence ADE, you can plot histogram for only Monte Carlo without any special labor.
See

This thread is a regarding histogram plot for general analysis data in Cadence's Post Processing Environment.

I use this method, but i just have some waves, finally. I need the your left picture. The parameters that i do monte carlo is a wave (S21) and the simulator get me some of figures.

I use this method, but i just have some waves, finally. I need the your left picture.
The parameters that i do monte carlo is a wave (S21) and the simulator get me some of figures.
Show me a hard copy of your setting of "ADE>Tools>Monte Carlo".

Last edited:

Hi,
I am looking for something like this where I have the transient data with noise from several runs. The waveform switches from positive to negative and the built in histogram does not impose x or y-limits (it looks at the entire waveform). It sounds like you can impose limits with your function, I think ADS can. The natural question is how to get this function and how to run it. Thank you for posting this.

It sounds like you can impose limits with your function, I think ADS can.
The natural question is how to get this function and how to run it.
I wrote my own code by skill language to realize same function as Agilent ADS's histogram().

However, if you use ViVa as post processing in Cadence ADE, prepared function can be available.

Attachments

• my_histogram.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back