Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Overwrite cell delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yussef

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it possible to overwrite a cell delay after reading it from the liberty file by reading a new liberty file?

in general, is it possible to read a second liberty file with different cell delays for the same standard cells?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Is it possible to overwrite a cell delay after reading it from the liberty file by reading a new liberty file?

in general, is it possible to read a second liberty file with different cell delays for the same standard cells?

Thanks in advance.

No, that makes no sense. What you can do is marginate the value of the first liberty file you read if you want to experiment. You can artifically make the cell faster or slower on an instance basis if needed.

It is possible to read a second liberty in multi-corner analysis. You have read different libraries (with different PVT) for the same cells. It allows analyze/optimize your design simultaneously in several corners.

It is possible to read a second liberty in multi-corner analysis. You have read different libraries (with different PVT) for the same cells. It allows analyze/optimize your design simultaneously in several corners.

Sure, this is the way we design with MMMC. But I am under the impression that the OP is trying to hack a solution for something else...

Thank you guys for your feedback, it was very helpful.

In my case. I want to read the same liberty file with different information for the same corner (for example with updated cell delays). But I don't think that this is feasible because we can not read two liberty files with the same name of electrical lib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back