Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to define chip edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexander3318

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all,

I'm learning the layout design, when I do the DRC check, I received the error:
GR999: RX must be within CHIPEDGE>=0.00 um
GR999: M1 must be within CHIPEDGE>=0.00 um
GR999a: PC must be within CHIPEDGE>=0.00 um
GR999a: NW must be within CHIPEDGE>=0.00 um

It seems that every layer should be inside the chip edge. However, I don't know how to define the chip edge, any one can help me with this?

Perhaps CHIPEDGE is a layer name in your process? Search the LSW for it!

I take it from the errors that you're using an IBM PDK? Insert Image_bevel, set the dimensions of your chip and make the origin (0,0). If you're not in the final stages of your design, you can do Calibre and Assura DRC with the "Cell" switch on so that it doesn't do checks related to CHIPEDGE.

Thank you! Yes, I'm using the IBM PDK, and the problem is solved when I choose the cell switch on. By the way, do you know where I can choose "insert Image_bevel"?

it is a layout pcell, you add it like any other instance. there is no schematic view for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back