Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some tutorial for golden netlist flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

smsskil

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a beginner of ASIC. Recently I have complete the RTL coding in FPGA, now I want to transplant it to ASIC. But there is no whole flow for getting golden netlist. If there has any resources for it?

btw,it's better if the resources using Genus or RTL compiler.

Thanks a lot

As per my understanding, golden is just a version at a given stage of an ASIC design flow.

I'm a beginner of ASIC. Recently I have complete the RTL coding in FPGA, now I want to transplant it to ASIC. But there is no whole flow for getting golden netlist. If there has any resources for it?

btw,it's better if the resources using Genus or RTL compiler.

Thanks a lot

I don't know what you are asking. Golden netlist?!

Genus is the new version of rtl compiler. Use it if you have the license.

I don't know what you are asking. Golden netlist?!

Genus is the new version of rtl compiler. Use it if you have the license.

I know. I mean that after RTL coding in FPGA, I need to do generic synthesis and technology synthesis. Then I need to verify synthesized netlist. Actually I dont know how the practical flow is running when people do the same things as I learn now.

I know. I mean that after RTL coding in FPGA, I need to do generic synthesis and technology synthesis. Then I need to verify synthesized netlist. Actually I dont know how the practical flow is running when people do the same things as I learn now.

I still don't understand what you are asking. It seems you are generically asking what an ASIC flow looks like. If that is what you are asking, it goes logic synthesis -> placement -> CTS -> routing -> sign-off. Lots of optimisations and checks along the way, of course.

As to verifying the synthesised netlist, we don't do that anymore. We do thorough verification of the RTL, and some simple simulation of the netlist after. Mostly for connectivity checks, no actual design features are verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back