Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing the output current of a Waveform signal generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flote21

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I am using a waveform signal generator to generate a sinus test signal and test a signal conditioning circuit:

https://www.aimtti.com/product-category/arbitrary-generators/aim-tga1240series

But the input impedance is very low and the amplitude of the output sinus signal is very low too. Have a look to the picture:

pic.png

I would like to introduce a simple previus stage which is able to amplify the input signal to have something like this:

pic2.png

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

You don't need to amplify the signal.A simple Buffer ( even a single transistor ) or A Voltage Follower with a OpAmp will serve you..

Hi,

most OPAMPs are not able to drive 2A of ouptut current.

Klaus

Almost useless post without mentioning frequency range and performance requirements (e.g. THD, offset). Generally, as correctly annotated in your block diagram, you are looking for an amplifier. Detail specification depends…

most OPAMPs are not able to drive 2A of ouptut current.
Yes, but some do. I have a TDA20xx as +/-10 V power buffer for similar applications. Devices with MHz bandwidth are available as well.

Hi it is a quick test with minimum performance. I just need to give more current to the input sinus signal using a pre-stage circuit to have an output signal with the same amplitude but stronger. I have thinking to use a current buffer opamp, but it is not working with bipolar signals...

pic3.png

Almost useless post without mentioning frequency range and performance requirements (e.g. THD, offset). Generally, as correctly annotated in your block diagram, you are looking for an amplifier. Detail specification depends...

https://www.ti.com/amplifier-circuit/op-amps/power/products.html#p233typ=200;10000

There are few OpAmps which are able to drive upto 10A and Dual Supply Features.
In fact, the circuit that you're looking for is typical Power Output Stage of an B-Class Audio Amplifier but the frequency here is a serious issue.
So you drive the circuit with a bipolar voltage swing and a current source ( NPN and PNP conducts at each cycle) supplies desired current to the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back