Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RASPBERRY PI input voltage detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayakajit87

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am using Rasberry pi for one of my application.I have various level of digital input coming from sensor, voltage level

My voltage levels are 3.3V/5V/12V/24VDC. Based on these input i am taking action on relay control. Rasberry pi operated 3.3V DC input so we can give directly

For 5V/12V/24V dc what are ckt i need to build. weather voltage divider network will work out for application.

level shifter can used in application.
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2018/09/using-a-level-shifter-with-the-raspberry-pi-gpio/

Hi,

There are many example circuits in the internet. They are there for you to read.
You need to be able to find such basic informations on your own.
If you still have trouble, then give us a link to the document you refer to, tell us what you understand so far and what is unclear.

Are you talking about analog signals or digital signals?
Direction only to Raspberry or the other direction, too?
What currents, what speed?

Klaus

I am assuming you are getting digital signals at these voltage levels. In that case, you need to use level translator circuit. Please search online to see what are different level translator ICs available that can converter the 5V/12V/24V signal levels to 3.3V level.

Dear all,

I am using Rasberry pi for one of my application.I have various level of digital input coming from sensor, voltage level

My voltage levels are 3.3V/5V/12V/24VDC. Based on these input i am taking action on relay control. Rasberry pi operated 3.3V DC input so we can give directly

For 5V/12V/24V dc what are ckt i need to build. weather voltage divider network will work out for application.

level shifter can used in application.
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2018/09/using-a-level-shifter-with-the-raspberry-pi-gpio/

Yes you should use voltage dividers for all those other voltages. Level shifters is an overkill.
Here are some example values you could use. You can always calculate your own.

dividers.JPG

Of course this will only work as long as you are only using it as inputs. This will work for digital inputs as long as your sensor signal is well behaved.
If it is not well behaved, then you might want to feed these to ADC and actually measure the levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.