Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandpass filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

m11vajju

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Microwave office to design filters. I am designing bandpass filters in the frequency range 160 MHz +/-25 MHz bandwidth and also 160 MHz +/-0.25 MHz. Second frequency range is 1000 MHz +/- 250 MHz and also 1000 MHz +/- 12.5 MHz.
1. Rejection level is 50 dB min away from 3 dB bandwidth.
2. Phase between different channels are with in +/- 2 deg. (each channel have these filter bands and like wise 3 channels)

Kindly suggest the suitable filter type for achieving these specs.

Hi,
Since you are using Microwave Office (MWO), you can check "Ifilter wizard" of MWO. However, availability of this wizard depends on your licence options.

A series LC, or an LC tank, might suit (at lower frequencies anyway).

Play with the L:C ratio, because that affects Q, and bandwidth. For instance, increase L by multiples of 10, decrease C by multiples of 10.

Hi,

I am using Microwave office to design filters. I am designing bandpass filters in the frequency range 160 MHz +/-25 MHz bandwidth and also 160 MHz +/-0.25 MHz. Second frequency range is 1000 MHz +/- 250 MHz and also 1000 MHz +/- 12.5 MHz.
1. Rejection level is 50 dB min away from 3 dB bandwidth.
2. Phase between different channels are with in +/- 2 deg. (each channel have these filter bands and like wise 3 channels)

Kindly suggest the suitable filter type for achieving these specs.

What is your offset frequency for rejection of 50 dB ?

We have an amplifier to compensate for the Insertion loss. Insertion Loss can be around 5dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back