Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFT & ATPG Tools enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

childs72

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am doing assessment on which DFT & ATPG tools to go with. I hope to get some comments/opinions from the forum for questions below:
1. Which DFT (Scan Insertion Tool) is leading the market?
2. Which ATPG tool is leading the market?
3. What is your comments on DFT/ATPG tools you used before?
4. What shall my concern be if I try to use different EDA vendor tools for Synthesis, Scan Insertion, PNR, STA, as well as ATPG generation stages?

Thanks

I will answer #4 as that is more in line with my expertise. For advanced nodes, you strive for convergence. Each time you go back to redo an early step it eats into your profits, time to market, NRE costs, so on. You want to stay within one vendor as much as possible.

As for simple scan insertion, both DC and genus are equally good. Things get more complicated as you go into BIST, JTAG, etc. I can't recommend/criticise any given vendor/tool.

As I see it, it might be a company budget issue.
Synopsys tools tend to be more expensive than Cadence.
Complex SoCs have been taped-out using both tools.

Don't know what is happening with Mentor tools after Siemens overtook them.

As I see it, it might be a company budget issue.
Synopsys tools tend to be more expensive than Cadence.
Complex SoCs have been taped-out using both tools.

Don't know what is happening with Mentor tools after Siemens overtook them.

Mentor has one product that is a market leader, and that is calibre. Everything else is just not at the same level as cadence/synopsys tools.
Synopsys messed up big time with DC2, the tool is nowhere near as good as dc was or genus is. They are losing market.
Cadence has been the leader in the physical synthesis for some time now (encounter and innovus were always superior to ICC and ICC2), and it has started to take some of the customers dc had. Genus is actually a pretty good improvement over rtl compiler.

Mentor - Tessent suit is good as DFT and ATPG tools.
Calibre could be used to extract the pair of nets for the bridge fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back