Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make reference plane shift in Ansoft HFSS 8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happybli

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make a plane

For an antenna problem, such as aperture coupled microstrip patch antenna, we set the source at one edge of the substrate, I think now the reference plane is at this position. If I want to see the impedance of the center of the antenna, how can I shift the reference plane to that place. Maybe there are some wrong for my understanding on this software. Pls help.

reference planes hfss

deembedding helps? I have come across some HFSS tutorial available somewhere in this forum which tells you how to do this.

Cheers,
Element7k

happybli said:
For an antenna problem, such as aperture coupled microstrip patch antenna, we set the source at one edge of the substrate, I think now the reference plane is at this position. If I want to see the impedance of the center of the antenna, how can I shift the reference plane to that place. Maybe there are some wrong for my understanding on this software. Pls help.

transmission line+shift in reference planes

You can use deembedding.But be careful,deembeding only make a phase shift from reference plane to the new position.To get accurate result, make the deembedding part be a uniform impedance line.
This is deembedding limitation.

phase shifter ansoft

pewang:

when we try to see the result of impedance.What we need to do is only make the phase
shift from the port the the center of our antenna.So, isn't deembeding enough? isn't the
transmission line a uniform one?
If what you said is right,how to set this part?
Thanks

hfss change reference position

Yes,you know what I mean.
To set deembedding,go to post processing/matrix data,and choose "compute/deembed" menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back